She Has Always Been Part of Mine: A Poem by Ritu Kamra Kumar


How reel of  her memories spontaneously rewinds
Emotions teem and thrive, she has always been part of mine !
 
How I was born to her by stroke of destiny
Humbly I hold her legacy in ecstasy !
 
How her deft hands stitched our fancy frocks
Her caressing touch enough to melt a rock
 
How her culinary  skills, pinnis and saffron kheer
Made our adrenaline rush in thrill !
 
How she encircled me in her arms
Jocund joy, soothing lullaby made me cosy and warm
 
How her wise advice, her wit and writings were the best
Harmony and happiness of the family  her eternal quest
 
How her kind eyes and  compassionate counseling
Poised peace and noble deeds gave life a new lease
 
How disease made her feeble, worn out and fragile
Unable to do chores patiently she walked holding doors
 
How saintly she snapped the worldly binds
Reciting hymns chanting Ram-Ram
She had  love for all of the lasting kind!!

Salute to you Maa,
I see you in moon light and sun beams
You remain in my prayers  by all means!!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava