The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava

It looks just like 'ordinary' as the word is...
No shiny wraps to cover its face...

Simple as it looks,
But every page has a hook for taking another look.

Be gentle when you flip its page
You'll find some imperfect perfect moments at every stage..

Don't skip a few...
for it bores you...
You might miss my accomplishments, tucked away neatly in a line or two...  

They say, 'Life is not a bed of roses' 
You'll see... Some lines are full of agony and bruises...

Turn the corners delicately...
For some fragile smiles may try to slip through, impatiently...

Every line that you have read...
..Is the truth I have always dread...
It's not me that you read...
it's my soul that you've reached!

That's not all! 
You heard me right!
The best is yet to arrive!

Its the journey I have been through,
Like a roller coaster ride, 
This is, This is... "The book of my life".



    

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan