An Ode to My Mother: A Poem by Jayashree Bhattacherjee


I always revel in extolling your ethereal beauty and angelic appearance
My blissful domain, the charming ambience of your appealing presence
From the moment I got you into my life
It has been imbued with ardor, beauty and truth together thrive
You had a redemptive power for my worldly vexations
Extricating me from all hardships with your magic potion
You make me so besotted over your sobriety 'n sedateness
You, who always stand at the summit of my existence
I long for your petting, your unflinching love so worth
You aren't with me, miles apart, yet I always feel your warmth
I crave for the little joys of holding hands together and carefree giggles
I miss your gentle touch, when close by you I did snuggle
A great preacher, a beautiful teacher, my confidante and forever friend
Firm but never fierce, your inexhaustible love how can I not comprehend ?
You have enriched my life in so many ways
Your inspiration taught me to become a loving mother day by day
Each moment spent with you nostalgically springs up
As a kindled redolent to bolster our cherished motherly nexus
My honest invocation is being with you whom I eulogize
My miracle, my beloved mother, till we meet again in Paradise.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava