Withering Petals: A Poem by Khushboo Shah

 

I know you take me as a sign
Of the prime of life having passed by,
Of living in the shadow of the peak
Of senility and withering, so to speak.
Of someone who is helplessly shriveling,
Staring at her imminent end;
Of being shoved into a pile of dust,
The vagaries of fate, upon me thrust.
Solving the 'loves me, loves me not' conundrum,
Adorn a wedding or garnish a delicacy,
Dancing in circles in a ten tiered Rangoli,
I have been the quintessential girl, carefree.
I've also live in a book, fragrant and old,
Holding a story within me untold,
I stay, while the funeral procession passes like a wave,
To watch a lone visitor, talking to the grave.
Till dust I become, I savor each day
Reveling in my repertoire.
As manure then, a shrub I may nourish,
And a rose shall bloom, after I perish.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava