Blaze: A Poem by Anindita Mazumdar

You were the blazing sun in the colossal of my life, when I had nothing other than you, my biggest treasure...

Myself, a handful of sand in this vastness of autumn blaze which got flared up by the sudden inferno......

Too tired I’m...the holocaust has burned me out ...the lanes and by lanes of this poor heart has been blazed by the conflagration of passion....

My malignant steps towards the black hole seems unanswered towards the hollow unending comforts...the radiated heat has glared like hot coals on the soles of my feet manifesting indelible tan tattooing on my bare skin...

The burning embers erupt every now and then like blazing cigarette butts surging my heart and soul...

Perhaps, it was my mistake to interpret you; the firestorm now on the verge of saturation......will one day be a forgotten chapter in the pages of history for which I get suffocated...

Want some peace of mind......wish the blaze subsides providing eternal bliss...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava