A Long Walk to Freedom: A Poem by Mousumee Baruah


I am a  rivulet ...
From an unexplored hamlet
And beneath my gurgling glide
Lies a stretch of pebbles and rocks, sometimes hampers my spontaneous slide.
 I flow through many terrains and springy turfs
Sometimes smooth and sometimes rough
My core is festooned with lichens and only I can clean.
And sponge my parochial vision for a panoramic sheen.
I am the owner of my core.
The Key is with me to clean all the pores.
Long way to go, many miles to cover, and occasionally I have to bend
And clean murky mosses from becoming my master, I have to first befriend.
To conquer and flow steadily with continuous motion.
Till I reach my primordial ocean...
And become carefree   humming waves in  fathomless fair
And fly like maverick free spirit seagulls and terns in the limitless azure sphere.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava