To my mother: A poem by Ritu Kamra Kumar


To 'crystallize' mother in a verse is paying  obeisance to Divinity
My mother now an illustrious star on the horizon
Scintillates brightly the cosmos with her angelic purity

A walking history of strife she had always  been
Her assuring pat in life's travails served  as an energy booster
The epitome of grace and elegance, her mien  sacred and serene

A metaphor of silence and sacrifice, in placid pride she never sighed
Bravely facing all the adversities she made us touch the sky
I miss her warm, soft touch of the hand, her smile so wide

Her soulful dulcet infused eternal peace in our home and hearts
A life coach, friend, guiding force, to me best education, did she impart
I owe her a lot, she shaped my destiny with her divine art

Whenever in a dilemma I look up! I see a shadow in the deep blue sky
Aww Mom! You bestow your blessings  from above
I bow my head with tears of gratitude in my eyes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava