To my mother: A poem by Lopamudra Mallick


Draw the blinds, let there be light
I hear the cosmos celebrating
Open the windows, the fresh morning breeze whistles and calls my name - the intrepid!
There is someone at the door
The nothingness says it's incandescence, your dried tears say it's justice.
My house was brutally plundered
Darkness least knew I was your frangipani
The more I was crushed, the more redolent I became.
There wasn't a night when your pillow didn't cry with you.
You silently prayed and asked- where did my frangipani go?
The Angels were busy writing the retribution.
I know you are frazzled. But get up, your prayers are not denied.
Let's plunder the darkness today!
I rejoicingly shed tears, Ma. I triumphantly whimper and gently shower on you asking-
How could fragrance ever be evanesced?






Comments

  1. Ma'am this poem is really awesome and it is really pragmatic. Loved reading this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma'am this poem is really awesome and it is really pragmatic. Loved reading this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava