To my mother: A poem by Amrita Chatterjee

 

You create me in your likeness,
With all the love you can garner.
I, too shape you into a mother,
To each other's ways, we are no strangers. 

You mold me with your experience, expertise,
Careful not to falter or commit a mistake. 
I, too bring back the joys of growing up,
Together in this journey memories, we make.

You wish me the best in everything I do,
Tireless in your continuous endeavor.
To see you happy I try my best,
Whatever I achieve is also yours in equal measure. 

You are me and I am you,
You cry my tears I smile your smile.
We exchange our roles of mother and daughter, 
We evolve and adapt,  our parts we restyle. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava