The Indomitable: A poem by Ankurita Khajanchi


I summed up my desires and marked a distant land
Seemingly a chimera in the air, only I could comprehend
My guardian angels smiling, from blue all around
I could hear them susurrate, why do my dreams confound?
And all the favorites of, the omnipotent powers
Did throw some pointers, warned me of the scars
As I began a journey towards my aims of 'morrow
Sin's companion expectation tried bringing in sorrow.
And further, as I tread on, the fallen angel of criticism gave its wry smile
And 'four people' were already there, to question my profile
Devil's sister envy was on a spree, with her crooked green eyes
The self-declared Wizards picked flaws in me, not to my surprise.
The gruesome cousin of Satan pounced on my will
Dejection tried to sink in, that was a signal of peril.
The helpless angels of the divine, couldn't prop up to my rescue
For God helps those who help themselves, this I so knew.
Dithering and unsure, I raised my head, my cheeks damp with tears
There ain't a recourse to look back, but pull the strings of fear
And that hint of the indomitable worked as a trigger
As I stood up to walk again, the angels got back their vigor.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava