Wish you were here: A poem by Ankurita Khajanchi


A boulevard so deserted, though laden with fresh flowers
And this unwholesome drizzle, my poise it overpowers
The vacuum inside me, swigs the emptiness around
I still cherish the rain and its pleasant lilting sound
For it reminds me of a dream I hold so dear
To hold my hand through the woods, I wish you were here.

The dry maples on the vacant bench, arrest my teary gaze
Dampened by the droplets, yet impassive as my face
The turmoil inside me subdues their rustle intrinsic
I still cherish the brindled leaves that make me go pink 
For they remind me of a dream I hold so dear
To sit beside me in the rain, I wish you were here.

The boulevard, the bench, the blooms and leaves, things so ordinary and rife
Spur the yearning for an aspiration, so special in my life
The spaces between my fingers, the void that I own
I do treasure this coveting, as I tread the pathway alone
For it reminds me of a dream I hold so dear
To embrace me through thick and thin, I wish you were here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava