Lavender: A poem by Neha Gupta

 
O! Dear wind, the carrier of fragrances
When you roam here and pass through my fences
Waiting for you; there is a field full of lavenders
From head to toe donning their purple attire
 
 Long back when you passed through here
And brushed them gently and left a message
A message for me to hold on a little longer
From someone who was to return on blooming my lavenders
 
Still fresh in my mind, my first meeting with her
Knocking shyly, she stood there at my door
Holding in her hand a bouquet of fresh lavender
The delicate redolence filled the air and settled deep in me somewhere.
 
The zeal for life danced and coalesced
With the simplicity in her deep chestnut eyes
Her shiny cheeks reflected the purple hue of the bloom
Underneath, a pink blush spreading with the smile so placid
 
Just like that, at the moment, she became part of my life
Though she left unannounced; I still decorate the whole field with lavender
They dutifully bloom and wait for her to bring out the purple in them
And I patiently sit and wait for her to bring out the laughter in me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava