Lavender: A poem by Jayashree Bhattacherjee

 

The sun rose in the orchard of sweet subtle fragrance
Heart blossomed with the flowers of mauve in the distance
Memories shone in the castle of thoughts
And that to such a pitch of passion wrought
Thoughts crowded of the day when the purple sky  hemmed with silver clouds
Gazed upon the tranquil, fragrant, wild lavender field
I saw her in trails of flowers blooming
In all sounds of harmony, nature's sedative, so soothing
Lavender field I strolled with thoughts of love and romance
Her hair fluttered in the breeze, her eyes looked askance
Yet her smile took me beyond all stress and strife
My heart opened up to the essence of love and life
She came in the breath of the wind, left the same way too
The fresh floral notes that awakened my soul, left me in a rue
Next spring, a cheery one, sent me into her eyes and heart
In the same lavender field, we stood smiling, me joyous from the start
Then several springs were passed, in our silent love we surpassed
But one spring suddenly we were dragged apart
Now each spring as I linger among the glory of peace and nostalgia
Once more, for the last time, I hanker for love's euphoria



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava