I am Destiny's offspring: A poem by Neeti Parti


I am destiny’s offspring
The child of universal energy
Drawn towards the eastern sky as the pink dawn
I hang on to the luminescent horizon like the shining Morning Star
 
My world lights up with the rising sun
Hope fills my being as the glorious day makes an appearance
A bird in flight carrying a twig flashes past the eye
A reminder of my harbourage built on labor of love
 
A selfish wispy cloud steals the sunshine
I know my day will be overcast by moving shadows
Blessed by Phoebus, I will ascend above the tribulations
And descend in the starlit alpenglow
 
To rise rejuvenated morn after morn



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava