Euphoria: A poem by Neha Gupta


Somewhere along the way, as life progressed,
The desire to learn and achieve, the excitement vanished.
The responsibilities shackled my exhilaration,
And the monotony of days trimmed my pinion.
 
The flightless me blankly stared at the heights,
Standing on the grounds of reality glued so tight.
When and where have I stopped dreaming?
Even questions like this eloped and quit bothering.
 
Life wasn't bad, but it wasn't thriving either.
Something was missing; I knew, but that hollow I kept concealed under the cover.
Why today when I stand on the bed of the fallen petals under a tree,
I feel envious of them; even for a short while, they lived full and free.
 
Today as the spring turns the earth into a palette of colors,
I too, want to soak in the sun, shiver in the wind, and float in water,
Washing away from the apathy under the fountain of my euphoria.
A little glitter in the eyes will do, as the little will pave the way for more.
 
Let me not find the rationale this time, to not desire
The ecstasy that is enveloped inside the rocks like a sapphire,
Awaiting for me to be courageous enough to shut my eyes,
To look for euphoria resting somewhere, where my wisdom lies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava