Atonement: A poem by Banani Sikdar


A noisy world often makes me forget the bliss of silence,
With a heady approach, I give in to confusion, miss out on resilience.
Insisting on my own truth, I hardly pay heed to the truths of others, 
Forgetting that each has a truth to share, from Prince to pauper.
Competition and comparison, two viles, only vex me to stoop low,
Other's glory is not my glory, feel the cynical me, hollow.
I decline to salute the real heroes of mundane life,
Who with diligence, strive for lofty success, cornering strife.
I am a more cautious professional than being familial,
Setting aside the aesthetics, I tried more often the world, material.
Dark and negative musings destroy me bit by bit,
Bereft of positive vibes, I am jittery, ever ready to quit.
An uncouth mind, so full of turmoil and turbulence,
Surrounded by loved ones, I fail to experience love's opulence. 
Hightime, I redress myself with correction and reevaluation, 
Look up to God, to rise in me, to guide me for my resurrection. 
Therefore, fine-tuning my entangled, messy thoughts, 
Reestablishing my fragile bond with God, my Saviour, 
In whatever form may I visualize or realize my Creator. 
Without inhibitions, I surrender to The Almighty for retribution, 
Confessing my wretched thoughts, I seek atonement, for ultimate salvation. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava