First Snow: A poem by Dr. Sai Surve-Rane

 It has been a few days
Since I saw the squirrel run,
Who mocked my cautious ways,
Of a hibernation that had begun 
Way back in summer.

Serves you right, you sprightly rodent,
For teasing me all this time.
Scampering about, a tad too impudent,
It is now your turn to quarantine
Into months of forced slumber.

Locked-down, snowed-in, we wait,
And watch the streets transform
Into heavenly white landscapes 
Through fogged windows of our dorms,
A glistening stunner.

Yet, through months of confinement,
I find my heavy heart lighten,
At unchanged greetings of the climate,
As my window sills brighten.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava