Mis(fit) or fitting...:A poem by Amrita Lahiri Bhattacharya

Wild in spirits, not bounded by rules, 
Stilettos in legs, 
Sometimes in hands, 
What do you say, I don't care! 
Messy bun or tendrils of hair
Peeking from my ears, 
A nose ring or dangling earrings,
A pair of blue eyes or aquiline limbs, 
Look she's so different, so what?
I revel in my unique designs, 
Conspicuous entry into the
World of commons. 
Bohemian they say, 
Slaying with my unconventional ways! 
A mis(fit) or fitting
Into the grooves of my own tune,
Lyrics spun into threads of
Song that keeps me going.
Love me or hate me but I bet 
You can't ignore me!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava