Abandoned: A poem by Parul Banerjee

I am not one, but a rabble

with numerous psyches and their rattles.

Those synchronize to give a feel

that they listen to the one in the lead.

 

The obedience is such that

I often don’t realize that I am made of parts.

I believe I am whole

sole mind and a single soul.

 

But oft when a tiny bit

decides to abandon to quit,

the fact dawns

that to build me bit by bit

 the chunks have gathered upon.

 

When ideas abandon,

when the feeling of happiness leave.

Sometimes despite the situation,

I am left blank, abandoned by grief.

Unable to think, but I am forced to believe

that prone to getting broken and abandoned

by my own some, I am many not one.




Comments

  1. It's the fact... An individual is many ..not one.
    Beautifully expressed reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the fact... An individual is many ..not one.
    Beautifully expressed reality!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava