Memories of Summers past: A poem by Jellie N.Wyckelsma

Summer holidays
No school for four weeks
Freedom to roam the fields at ease
Seeing the delicate plumes of grass
Waving hello to the warm breeze

Laying down in the meadow
Amongst the daisies, the buttercups,
The white flowers of clover
Smelling their subtle scent
Watching the birds’ fly-over

Feeling the sun touching my skin
Hearing the buzzing of bees
Noticing a fluttering, colorful butterfly
Wishing to join the fluffy white clouds
That drift along high in the sky

Picking a big bunch of dazzling daisies
To take home for my Mum
Of which I could tell
Would bring a smile to her face
I remember it well

My precious memories
All one of a kind
Always remaining so special to me
Forever etched in my mind.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava