Freedom...: A poem by Mousumiee Baruah

Met a monk at the banks of Ganga last year.
At Rishikesh, land of hermit and seer.
 
Drape in a saffron robe, forehead shining with sandalwood paste.
He greets me with a radiant smile, full of ethereal grace.
 
I ask him, "why he is so happy and content.?"
 
He told me with a baritone voice, full of depth, with an immaculate accent.
 
"I live in freedom, I sleep in tranquility
I prosper in humility."
 
He further added with his fathomless wisdom.
"You do not need to quit your cocoon and relationship for your freedom.
 
All you need is detachment, let accept others' way they are.
And let accept yourself, way you are.
 
When your mind is clutter-free.
You are like a bird, that flies with glee."
 
Then quickly he leaves the place for evening prayer with haste.
His priceless words, in my soul forever shall rest.
 
No one can chain me or can give me the freedom
It is my own mind who can make me free, give me my El Dorado embedded with pearls of enlightening wisdom.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

The tree house: A story by Neha Gupta