Lost love: A poem by Anand Kumar


Left in the wilderness, darkness engulfs me.
Your eyes haunt me and your shadow chases me,
in your memory my heart becomes heavy.
Drenched in tears, my eyes shed drops of blood.
I search your hands to wipe them.
I want your lap to place my head.
In your absence, this world is of no use to me.
Let the sun dip in the ocean forever,
let all birds go mute henceforth,
flowers lose all their fragrance.
Oh, earth! Stop rotating!
Days and nights have become meaningless to me.
I see heaven illuminated to welcome you.
Let petals of roses be dropped at your feet.
I wash your tomb with my tears,
and bless you with my hands that once embraced you.
O God! Give me peace! Give me death!
I lost my love!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava