I’m not ashamed: A poem by Anwesha Bhattacharya



I’m not ashamed of all the scars
Left on my soul by people unnamed
I wear every mark with pride today
They spell victory over a torturous day.

I hold my head high, all over again,
I’m not ashamed of the time when,
My mind was caught in a chasm of emotion
And all I could do is flee from the commotion.

I’m not ashamed to bear the pain
Inflicted by life’s ordeals,
For my spirit is undaunted
And resonates with prayers I chanted…

For numerous times, I fell on my knees,
Unable to hold up my mast,
I’m not ashamed to admit I failed
My heart sank, but my life sailed…

I rose from ashes, every time I was charred
I’m not ashamed to tell you I was marred,
 I held on to my dignity with a fierce will,
I never lost the vigour to climb up the hill.





Comments

  1. This is a very beautiful composition indeed. However, some of the lines are more touchy and there is a possibility that some readers may take them personally.
    You could consider getting your earlier poems published on this platform too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava