A winter night: A poem by Dr. Pragya Suman


The last push I gave to the splash of swimming  shores
magic built upon the butt of my oars
drops squirted upon my deep dreams 
as if winter's night  has lit a fire in white snow 
I got up in whims….
screeching sound from distant afar
The silhouette beneath the neon lights
I saw the watchman moving to and fro
dragging stick on the cobblestone path of the alley ..mingled in the soil of mist
I saw it at once…
stagnant water in moving waves…….
stagnant meteors in orbit of moving planets…
and I saw stagnant soul among moving sleep
mist seemed to soothe  my soul and I slipped in the blanket for sleep
thanks...sundowning came to my rescue !!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava