When I am gone: A poem by Mousumee Baruah

Nothing will happen when I will embark on for that untrodden ultimate voyage.
Universal truth I accepted, I came alone, shall leave alone.
I am just a tiny particle in this vast sphere.
The sun will rise at dawn, the moon will mesmerize at night.
Kith and kin will mourn for a few days only!
The show must go on.

Again a lot of things will happen.
It just does not involve me anymore.

But when alive, I can do a lot.
Let me have a firm footprint on the sands of time.
With humility, goodwill, and compassion.
Discarding vanity and pompousness.
For I shall leave my body only, the soul is eternal.

I do not know, what will happen when I will arrive at that unknown mystic place!
But I know about this present life, which is beautiful and can be live beautifully.

I shall carry nothing, no material, no wealth.
I will carry my' karma', let my deeds be noble.
Smile be bright like sunshine, words be  sweet like honey, touch is tender.
For when I will leave, I want to leave with warm memory in people's hearts.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava