Maternity: A poem by Shakuntala Kanakagiri


Eleventh-hour nerves and eleventh-hour blues 
So many things to wind up and settle favors and  dues:
Miles and miles to  go before I sleep;
Yards and yards to spin and weave before the beep.
Lots and  Lots of things to set in order;
Lot more things waiting  around the corner :
Where do I start? How do I tie the ends?
Countless tasks still waiting for the amends.:
Time is ticking away, My breath slipping away ;
I puff and pant, rave, and rant;
At my  time's slippy sloppy slant :
Give  me more time, I plead in earnestness,
The Gods are crazy and the Angels cry helplessness.
You had so much of time all along, and you dithered;
You whined  and whiled away your time unfettered :
Pack up  fast, for your final destination is on fast tracks ;
Run, rush or race to wind up your Time 'slacks': 
Pull, push, prod or poke, to get your priorities right,
Do whatever you can with full vigor and might :
Time is ticking away, your breath slipping away ;
Your destination is fast  approaching, in a mystic way :
All your life you lived in a make-believe and elusive sway:
Be ready for the yonder worlds that reckon your presence ever ;
The land of  the Gods and Angels beckon you there forever:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava