Eternal Love: A poem by Rohini J


In a white bridal gown holding a bunch of roses
Here I stand at the bench by the riverside
Where once our hearts embraced each other
our love blossomed like monsoon flowers of pink and blue
a euphoric sensation within us with emotions pure and true
we walked together holding memories made for each other
I understood that you had to go but I miss you more than you know
Your presence is felt in every ray of the sun that warms me
Your voice is heard in every beat of my heart that captivates me
My beauty faded with my age but my heart still yearns for you
Its been twenty years that you left me and I reassure myself everyday ‘it's not that long’
We don’t have a separation for I know our love is eternal
and so I stand here at the bench by the riverside
In a white bridal gown holding a bunch of roses waiting for you


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava