I shall fly: A poem by Sonal Singh

You stay in a high rise apartment, I in a slum
Your life is joyous and gay, mine is often glum.
Your roof does not leak, it can stall the rain
My life is a leaky cauldron, comes with pain.

You were born out of love, are coveted, craved
My penurious existence, for years I have braved.
Your dreams give you wings, to unfurl and fly
My limit is my hovel, under the condescending sky.

The winds of my fate rage against my pitiful life
Breaking my wings, curtailing my will with a knife.
They can break my wings, but my spirit will endure
And I shall fly, I shall overcome, of that, I am sure.






Attachments area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava