Everyday is a new start: A poem by Jayashree Bhattacherjee


In the dark, depressive, solitary night approaching the dawn
When the world knew not the struggle undergone
Tears rolled down my cheeks, deep down it hurt
All hopes ended, from where to start?
Silently I moved towards the window, and lo!
I was wrapped up in a  wondrous celestial glow
Sunrays peeped through ushering in a new dawn
The beginning of a day, it filled me with adoration
The sweet aroma of the air touched my thought
To rise and grow was the message it brought
Yonder, a flower bloomed loving and smiling today
From a bud that contained the seed of life yesterday
My eyes, beauty of the world did greet
With a new mind, I resolved not to retreat
Life will have its twists and turns, ups and downs
But a new day can wipe off all the frowns
Every day the light of vibrancy will stir our soul
Positive thoughts will help us to reach our goal
I was totally changed, and even in my solitude
I thanked the universe, full of my gratitude
With every new day, I learn to make a new start
Fresh hopes, manifold dreams nurturing in the core of my heart
With every new day, I vow to transgress
All barriers of selfishness, hatred, and march towards progress


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava