Enigma: A poem by Omar Nassar


Our lives are like an open book my dear
Yet in love our passions remain always unclear
Fluctuating between sweet and sour without tears
We still dazzle and puzzle lending each other our ears!
We both complain, explain and remain as one
In our unique marriage oneness bright as the sun
A bitter-sweet couple learning the ropes of life
Through strife ever rife always a loving husband and wife!
Swimming in the turbulent sea of matrimony
Without being drowned by the spectres of monotony
Where your hugging and my bragging are like twins
United by jealousy full of spats where no one wins!
From grins and sneers we have cultivated smiles
That have in time helped us do our marriage miles
A happy family with happy kids all up and hale
And a born again teetotaler I have since abandoned ale!
I find life an enigma and thank God I'm alive
Full of drive in love with my wife and kids
A survivor of Satanic emotions and ugly notions
Which remain a mystery of life to a loving couple!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena