All I can think about is You: A poem by Dr. Molly Joseph


this noon, this hot noon,
all I can think about is you...

now when I feel so vague, 
to kill the dull eve  that creeps in,
a snake devious in its ways through dried leaves
searching for a space cool,  secure.. 
All I can think about is You..

Someone has put on an old nostalgic number.. 
the music floats.. 

how bright were those noons when we sat near the river
looking deep into to each  other's eyes,
weaving out dreams of future...
life was fun, offering
surprises, each day
dawned with promises new..
Now, silence weighs us  down, the thick snow capping, covering.. separation  grows dismal, the patched earth awaiting the slender touch of a rain
that refuses to fall..

this noon, this hot noon
all I can think about is you...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena