The beauty of Self-reliance: A poem by William Warigon

When Lilly lost her eyes
From ritualists' heartless knife that day
She still sought  to rise 
Now, a World Writer celebrated today 

One woman, widowed with weeny kids
She struggled through the cruel rat race 
Scrimped a niche, many odds she beats
Alas, now an artist with art that pays 

I am without two hands, and 'am legless 
Yet, I do rise above my circumstance 
Rely on myself, headlong all days I face 
Too proud to beg, I dance with any chance 

Like the phoenix, you can arise too
This sky tempts like a wanton wench 
Take a chance, be a self-reliant you
Fly like an eagle above success' range.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena