My Village Life: A poem by Subhashchandra B.Adhav

In the urban life of great hustle bustle
Nostalgic memories earnestly blow the comforting whistle
Taking me back to my village, in mind’s castle
Where in the grove of trees, leaves still enthusiastically rustle

My village rises before sunrise yonder mountain
In the wee hours, the only spirit of labor, springs like a fountain
Cock crows in the courtyard, birds chirp on tree
Fluttering wings they’re ready for soaring flight free

Cattle tied in the shed, mow impetuously for water and fodder
Cows anxious for getting milked, anxious their udder
Cackling, strutting hens glean the scattered grains merrily
To fetch water women go to the river hurriedly

Lambs, kids, sheep, and goats graze frolicking in the pasture
Breathing fresh air my village enjoys blissful nature
On the bank of the river, the delighted flock of water birds
Along with river, their life flows, awesome their world

in the temple ringing, bells sound the alarm
Serve your Black Mother with labor, stretching your arm
Dreaming, reaping crops, farmers bee busy in tillage
Sowing seeds, sweating blood, becomes happy hopeful my village!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava