I'm innocent: A poem by Smitha Vishwanath

A mere sidekick of modern-day technology
Held responsible for the decline of human psychology
The brain-child of man’s immense creativity
And blamed for his own monstrosity!

The new-age Frankenstein’s monster
That’s what man makes of me
When indeed, it is he who wreaks disaster
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, that’s how him I see!

As a knife that cuts, I’m only a tool
“Know how to manage me, not ban me, you fool”
I can help you share information, communicate and voice your views
I plead “Don’t let me be a bad man’s ruse!”

I know my powers, I can help bridge distances
Bring down governments; create leaders, make this a better place
It’s not just propaganda, I can give instances
Where I remained backstage, and yours was the pompous face!

All countries reside in me, I have the largest population,
‘Social Media,’ I’m called; man’s friendliest creation,
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, some of my many forms,
Use me wisely and follow acceptable norms. I’m innocent!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava

Abandoned...: A poem by Jayashree Pillai

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala