First Love: A poem by Bhagyashree Mishra


Hard to choose if your
Maiden glance at me is precious,
Or was it the innocent bond
We spun without being suspicious?
My heart often ponders if
Asking me notes imparted you glee,
Or was it just a plea
To steal a moment from me?
Dubious am I, if football matches Played on dewy grass were the best,
Or was it your generosity in lending me stationery during tests?
Often your eloquent eyes
Turned taciturn to pause only in mine,
An exchange of desirous vibes were
Much more inebriating than a bottle of wine.
Hard to choose if first love at a tender age
Can for a lifetime, remain true,
Or was it just an infatuation knocking
At heart's door, without any clue?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava