First Love: A poem by Aruna Lakra

I feel the tight embrace of the wind
As I pass amongst the lush green 
Where some stray cattle are grazing
To the rhythm of the flute humming 
Butterflies crossing the Meadows 
Entangling my lustrous hair
Remembering my first kiss behind those trees
Where some daisies were blushing 
My first love so tender and soft 
Still safe in one corner of my heart...
Now only memories sail on the clear calm water
Where once waves of passion arose
This path so beautiful will never be forgotten 
I often sit here in silence under the turquoise sky
Recalling the lyrics of my first love song
Of the melodious sonnet sung now only to sigh...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava