And I grew up: A poem by Shamsul Haq


My body being smirched, yet quite happier at the heart's core
Blaming none, swelling sprightly like a balloon for an unabated fly
An aim to mingle with eternity yet life's surreality loomed large
My inner zeal enlivening my numb vein to a greater degree
And I grew up amidst rigors and raptures of my strife-torn life
My self-effacing silence searched a small smile of sunshine
Counted each hour of a day, full of eerie odds and ends
The morning turned mellow depicting the last night's dream
Far stretch of alpine pasture and silent valley of an isolated hill
The tranquil sea and wilder woods stirred my restive soul
The natural specks crept up to the veneers of my meandering mind
Unfettered to farrago, my go of life synced with the high held goal
Far from busy hum, inherently I longed for some seconds of silence
In the crosscurrents of time, I steered with a wave of elation
The splendor of life dawned dashingly like new leaves of spring
At the crossroads, I was guided gingerly by a sheer conviction
Adversity has befallen but the ambit of Almighty kindled thick haze
The Divine grace paving the way when I tottered terribly on edge
Each entity with a shadowy crown, surfing on myriad shards of sorrow
In the cacophonous drums of life, seeking the truth in my own marrow



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava