And I grew up: A poem by Rajni Sinha

Frisking with the rabbits

Fluttering with the birds

Vying with the butterflies

To reach the beautiful flowers.

Up with sunrise

To catch the dew

That was my childhood

Do believe me please do.

'And I grew up' only to find

My dreams shattered

I learned that the real world 

was not happiness in a platter.

The real world was full of 

Hatred and treachery.

The real world was full of

Sadness and depravity.

I put my dreams aside 

I took a deep breath and sighed

I pulled up myself and said 

Don't just sigh and pretend. 

Work for the betterment of humanity

The whole world is a family. 

When these thoughts crossed my mind 

They gave a purpose to my life "And I grew up" again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava