The magic of dew drops: An article by Vandana Bhasin



I have always been mesmerized by the grandeur and colors of nature.

As a young girl, I wondered why the leaves shed tears at night. Do they feel upset at the maltreatment meted to them by some people around us? Was it nature’s way of showing its melancholic state?

As I grew up, I mustered the courage to carefully feel those tender pearls on the petals of the potted pink roses in our garden.

It was a magical moment! Their touch was mystical though I didn’t like the fact that they vanished on my touch.

I realized that they magnified the exquisiteness of my favorite flower!

It then dawned on me that they were not nature’s blues but these dewdrops were a drizzle of love from the sky above to the flora on the earth.

It was a gentle “Good Morning” kiss to the vivacious vegetation.

My mother always advised me to walk barefooted on the lush green grass sparkling with dewdrops early in the morning.  She believed that every fragment of nature oozes with energy and by reveling in the opulence and radiance of nature we harness that energy in our soul.

Dewdrops became a source of vigor and vitality for me.

Like a piece of jewel that embellishes a form, dewdrops would glisten with the rays of the Sun and my heart would leap with joy at spotting the rainbow colors.

I would shake the shrubs of flowers and leaves onto my face like a fairy spinning her magic wand and rejuvenate myself.

I made it a practice to walk on the grass bathed in dewdrops. It felt like soaking in energy to walk through the ebbs and flows of the day.

Even today, I never miss an opportunity to embrace the nature’s morning shower of love in the form of rays of the Sun and dewdrops that baptize each and every piece of abundance in the plant kingdom.
                  
                        
                                                                                                                   


Comments

  1. Nature reveals it's inner secrets only to few ... happy you are one amongst them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava