If I were a cloud: A poem by Shubha Sagar

If I were a cloud, I would not only bring rain,
But make my mission to ease out some pain.
I would keep a proper track of loss and gain,
And would never let my showers go in vain.

If I were a cloud, I would float across skies,
And very carefully search with my keen eyes,
For any parched piece of land sending outcries,
And soak it well, lest, it cracks up and dries.

If I were a cloud, I would irrigate well, the soils,
Lending a big support to each farmer who toils,
Day in and day out, his hands strewn with boils,
Struggling hard to produce enough grains and oils.

If I were a cloud, I would give those places a skip,
That possess a natural tendency to flood and drip.
In order to remove the fear of devastation in a zip,
That keeps the living creatures in its dreadful grip.

Lastly, if I were a cloud, I'd choose where to pour,
And where to pass by with a mere thunder and roar,
Judging, where and when I am needed less or more,
So, rivers and oceans are full and our planet secure.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena