If I were a cloud: A poem by Munira Dalal

Clear blue summer skies, one of nature’s delight
Lay back on the grass watching the lovely sight

Scurrying, hurrying fleecy clouds, changing shapes and faces
If I were a cloud, I’d be in these races

Weary of wandering at the end of the day
As evening sets in, the sun on the horizon lay

Sky in strokes of yellow, orange and different hues
If I were a cloud, I’d paint myself to amuse

Feeling low and under the weather
Don’t want to be cirrus or cumulus altogether

Form a stratus and lower the temperature that is higher
If I were a cloud, I’d have a little outburst to make myself lighter

Sweating under the sweltering scorching heat
Cover the sun and hasten its retreat

If I were a cloud, I’d loom large and gray
With the thunderous boom, vent my anger away

Parched fields and dry wells
Worried farmer’s eyes with tears swell

If I were a cloud, I’d be a mighty nimbus
Shower abundantly and graciously, selflessness at its simplest

I’d like to be a rainbow cloud with a halo shining
Be the cloud in which you search a silver lining

Add a little colour to a sunset faded with time
Making people happy, would put me on cloud nine !!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena