If I were a cloud: A poem by Khushboo Agarwal

If I were a cloud, I would wander around freely,
Travel to places, in groups or lonely.
Like my Mother Earth and Father Water,
I would be desired by everyone, that will matter.

If I were a cloud, I would be the benevolent type,
I would not discriminate between lands or hype.
I would keep floating and giving rain,
To all places, irrespective of the terrain.

If I were a cloud, I would go to barren lands,
Where mankind is suffering, in dry and parched sands.
Giving relief from the heat to those in pain,
I would sacrifice myself, to be formed again.

If I were a cloud, I would travel to that lonely place,
Where a lover is trying to woo his beloved, to see her smiling face.
I would roar and thunder, to create an atmosphere so romantic,
Everyone will be in love around, there will be nothing to be frantic.

If I were a cloud, I could be moody at times,
When in the angry mood, I can be dangerous sometimes.
In my calmer mood, I would blend with the clear blue sky,
Over the earth, rivers and green fields, I would lazily float so high.

If I were a cloud, my life would be so tame,
Playing with the sun and moon would be my favorite game.
When I would feel heavy, I would pour myself in a spree, 
The earth would look fresh and green, and I would again be free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena