Cascading Cadence: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

If I were a cloud of wispy ice crystals, happiest soul in yonder soaring high,

Would be sailing on wings of parental faith who left me high and dry.

Mother Earth looks up worried with creases, yearning for my visits,

Father Water rises to the occasion, to keep up my spirits.

Hover around for glimpses of my cute siblings, Cumulous, Stratus, Cirrus,

Left awestruck by the aura around my eldest sister Nimbus.

On the move, new places, new friends along Ganges and Indus,

Merriment with bird flocks in frolic, throw parties setting sky abuzz.

Taking in the beauty, that Mother creates diligently each day,

As Father tends to it by nurturing, meandering all the way.

Wafting over towns and cities I sigh, wish there were more trees,

Gliding atop valleys, hills, and mountains, feel the chill and freeze.

Drunk on gallons of elixir, get blitzed, dance traipsing all over,

Recover to sublimate my binging bout, over parched lands into the shower.

Drape myself in finest organza, change it often as per mood

White and golden, grey, blues, silvery, illuminated and all hued.

The puckish sense of humour engulfs me, masking the sun, unveiling, and shading,

Resting for the night alongside moon and stars, into the darkness fading.

All that bohemian lifestyle does come with a price,

Mammoth metal giants dinning by, dimming my fearful cries.

Thunders roll, lightning strikes, searing through me merciless,

Glissade rapidly seeking refuge in Mother's lap to coalesce.

Reassured, make my ascend as zephyr steers me along,

To the sun, moon, stars, cerulean skies- where my spirits belong!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena