My colourful dream ~Shad(e)y Dreams: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

My colourful dream ~Shad(e)y Dreams

Gliding and glissading along tinted realms unknown, 

Each night by myriad dreams, eyelids prone to get blown. 

Some never leave the memory for long, 

Others slide away sooner than dew at dawn. 

Struggle to recall once awake at morn, 

Chase it, but vaguely it escapes with a yawn. 

Right when in the kitchen amidst work, 

A quirky feel like floating in a cirque. 

The smokescreen of hues slides in, glossy and tactile, 

Amber was prominent or is lemony lime agile? 

Read in college what dreams interpret by their spectral colour, 

Oneirology was not chosen but came along as Minor. 

Coming back, next came favourite fuchsia with its welcoming change, 

Azure too brought in wisdom into my brain's range. 

Nights a many when silvery stygian sent shivers down my spine, 

A deep dive into the unconscious to understand better, this self of mine. 

Beige beckoned me to my roots while bright mint shone growth fertile,

Passion brewed in crimson to let coral bless intuition with style. 

Not just limited to ten lustres in my prismatic soul,

More get explored in visions that ferry me to the Poles. 

Psychedelic dreams answer my fears, when all is clear and calm, 

Get to wade into depths of hallucination without any qualm. 

Emerge with a pearl of mystic glow that enhances my soul, 

Dreamy eyelids now refuse to shut tight, leaving me to feel whole! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava