My colorful dream: An Article by Vandana Bhasin




“Those who dream the most, do the most!”

I grew up reading these words everyday on the poster that hung on my room’s wall. When I was a child, I couldn’t comprehend the wisdom of those words with as much depth as I do today.

My father would say, “Don’t waste your time dreaming, do something! Act!” So I filled my life with action and activity.

One day my uncle, who had a successful career and whom I held in great reverence happened to glance at my wall. He immediately opined, “Always remember this, beta! You can achieve great heights only if you have great dreams. If your dreams are big, your vision will be big and therefore your efforts and actions to transform your vision into reality will also be immense to commensurate with your vision, your dreams!”

Those words were inscribed on my mind that day. I apprehended that the key to achieving success and happiness lies in the courage to dream success and ecstasy. I realized that my dreams and my passion would drive my actions inevitably as dreams are indeed a reflection of our desires.

I have been quilling colorful dreams since then. I have witnessed many of my dreams come true, which further strengthen my belief in my dreams.


I dream of a blissful life…
A life that cherishes every moment
A life that’s oblivious of wounds of past
A life that’s impervious to uncertainties of future


I dream of a fearless life…
A life that endorses challenges
A life that learns from failures
A life that endeavors resolution in strife


I dream of a colorful life…
A life that rejoices in the splendor of nature
A life that explores pearls in the ocean
A life that inspires creativity and innovation


I dream of a placid life…
A life that fancies tranquility in world
A life that’s grateful for life in this world
A life beaming with kindness and benevolence for this world!



I believe in my dreams as well as in the power of dreams. Dreams make us who we are so I dare to quill colorful dreams!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava