Imagination: A poem by Munira Dalal


What a feeling of elation and ecstasy
I have to let my mind wander in fantasy
Life’s daily routine sometimes doesn’t fulfill our expectations
What an escapade! To run away with my imagination
I let my imagination soar upwards to the sky
Like a fearless brave kite flying high
I seek my rainbow and tightly hold
At its end will definitely find my pot of gold
I let my imagination run loose and wild
See myself in a forest roaming as a child
Hoping to meet Goldilocks and the Bears or the Red Riding Hood
Oh! Those castles and the enchanted woods and the witches no good
I touch and feel every cloud; I search for my silver lining
I reach up to the moon riding on its moonbeam shining
I stumble upon Aladdin's lamp and the Genie appears towering high
Its only my vivid imagination I realize with a sigh!
I draw with my imagination on this canvas of life
Feeling and emotions of love and strife
The pain and sorrow, helplessness and frustration
Fellow beings inflict terror and drive on the brink of desperation
But alas! I feel I lack imagination
Can't imagine why people hate and kill without explanation
Can't imagine why we can't live in peace and affinity
I wake up from my dream to face the reality

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava