Google's Earth: A poem by Aarti Agarwal

Google's Earth

With a swish and swipe of my thumb,                                             
Riding the Google, I roam the earth,
Hovering thousands of feet above the land
I peep at sentiments bubbling in its heart.

I gaze at gorgeous sunshine
Blushing the earth, turning it orange and pink.
I glimpse at its sun tanned skin
Sweating in the desert's heat.

I jettison up to the Himalayas
Watch the earth aiming for the sky,
And then shift back south to view
Grass nodding to wind's lullaby.

Oh! But I also heard her hopeless sigh
On my retreat to my place.
So many buildings, so little land?
My city looks like a concrete maze!

Beneath her sigh, was a faint whimper,
"Put an end to all of this,
No one has bequeathed me to you,
You are stealing it from your kids".

From euphoric bliss falling back into the abyss
I pledge to pay heed to its desperate plea,
Cause to make earth the happiest it has ever been
The change must start with me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava