Spring: A poem by Dred Nyuwem


Just as winter leaves in goodbye steps
Ever before summer so does a wooing
Here I come, briskly at your doorsteps
An enchanter I am, of midnight longing. 

Flowers frolic in the air of my presence
Now so alive beneath cherry blossoms
Of nature, an eventide of great essence
I'm the saving hands that bear no ransom

I hear of your time in dead frosty grips
Of your nights and days, he spared not
Now dear one, no more window peeps
O let me lavish on you the love I've got.

Need I remind you of fabled adulation
Of my dexterity in rebirth and regrowth? 
I am the emissary of your rejuvenation
And resurrection, need I take this oath? 

For I am the spring with eternal bliss
I'm the sunshine that bathes your rain
I am he that so slays winter with ease
I am the suppleness that soothes the pain. 

Spring I am, conventional and temperate
Love or hate, I come to you in due seasons
Unlike wintertide, I'm one you can relate
For I bear upon my wings, many reasons.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena