Let’s ace the game of time: An article by Vandana Bhasin



Of all the creations of God, time is considered to be most invaluable. So much so that all the other creations are incarcerated by time! Don’t you agree?

Let me illuminate.

All living beings, be it humans, animals or plants follow a cycle of life and death. This means that our existence is time-bound- completely regulated by time.

And the biggest irony is that we don’t even know how much time we have in hand! Not just that; we aren’t even allowed to rewind or fast forward time!

Would I be able to witness the splendor of tomorrow or pursue my plans? I do not know.

I might have squandered my entire today or even weeks, months or years in planning for my life in the next couple of days or years, but there is no assurance that I will reap the fruits of my plans.

So is it really worth the stress, anxiety, and burden of guilt and angst?

Is it really worth expending the balance in my account of the time when I know there is no overdraw permitted?

Shouldn’t I live every moment experiencing the grandeur of God’s creation?

Shouldn’t I live every moment towards the accomplishment of my dreams rather being trapped in mundane?

Should I really be concerned about those mortals who themselves are not aware of their time on Earth?

Steve Jobs advised, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living somebody else’s life.”

Life decreases as time increases. So, let’s use our time to live as we want and ace the game of the time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

Born Again: A poem by Gomathi Mohan

Petrichor: A poem by Vandana Saxena