Fuel the fire within: A poem by Rohini Jayanti

Life confronted me with adversities
making me a victim of heinous violence
the external fire scorched me
with flaming patchworks of fear and grief
negativity smeared all around my life
emitting black smoke that choked me
I feel crumbled in its presence
with a feeling of exasperation deep within
the rampaging flames from the surroundings
devoured my positivity like a famished beast
I became amputated physically and mentally
and remained a spectator as it burned
the darkest hours of my life defined me at my core
a thirst for freedom a quest for transformation began
I ignited the flame of hope and fueled the fire within
the perseverance became an inferno and engulfed my soul
the warrior in me awoke and rekindled my inner spirit
I never looked back and never bowed against the odds
and moved on in life with a new beginning





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger: A poem by Preeti S Manaktala

The book of my life: A poem by Richa Srivastava

Abandoned...: A poem by Jayashree Pillai